Have an idea for a new website that will better advertise your organization? Searching for an application that will help your business run a little smoother? If you find yourself wondering whether a new website or a custom application is right for you, you’re the perfect candidate for KDG’s Project Discovery Process.
You wouldn’t design a building without input from an architect. If you did, you’d have an unstable house that didn’t meet code or a crooked skyscraper with a leaking roof. If you wouldn’t construct a building without a blueprint in place, why would you try designing a website or developing custom software without a proper plan devised by a group of professional web developers, web designers, and IT support experts?
In this industry, we have seen too many promising tech projects fail due to improper planning. In fact, 55% of the tech industry’s projects fail every single year because of planning shortfalls. Think of all the time, money, and effort being wasted. That’s why we offer what we call the Project Discovery Process.
The goal of this process is to give you the chance to work with experienced tech consultants and plan your next project. No coding is done. No servers are installed. Pen is simply put to paper and a group of heads are put together to compose the ultimate plan for your project.
The process’s length of time and the type of documentation that goes into the plan will vary from project to project. No project is too small or too large. Whether you need a Zoho integration that takes 3 hours or a piece of custom software development that takes 100, we can help you devise a plan that meets your goals and your budget.
There are four categories that projects are divided into and each has an average range of time our analysts will spend planning:
- Micro-projects: 3-5 hours
- Small projects: 8-15 hours
- Medium projects: 25-55 hours
- Enterprise projects: 100+ hours
Regardless of where your project falls on the spectrum, the overall process will remain the same.
- It starts with a simple phone call. We want to hear from you—about your ideas, your goals, and your requirements.
- Next, we’ll get to planning. Wireframes will be created and documentation will be composed.
- Once all of the wireframes and documentation are complete, we’ll meet with you to discuss whether this conceptual plan matches your needs. We’ll work closely with you to refine the plan until it guarantees success.
- Finally, we’ll develop the schedule and estimate for your project.
When it comes to taking the time to plan a project before diving into the code, the design, or the development, there are plenty of benefits:
- You’ll stay on budget. Did you know that 1 in 6 tech projects go over budget by more than 200%? However, if you take the time to plan, your project is less likely to go over its initial budget. Here at KDG, 97% of our projects come in on or under budget.
- You’ll save time. After planning, there are no surprises to account for during the actual project’s implementation. You won’t have to worry about unforeseen delays or missed components.
- You’ll conserve resources. You have a business to run, a community to help, or a group of students to attend to. We’ll handle the heavy lifting so you have more time to focus on your daily tasks.
- You’ll retain the rights to your project. Once the project is over, you can keep the wireframes, documentation, and estimate. Although we hope that you’ll consider us as your partner in moving forward with the project, we believe it’s your right to take the materials we give you and shop them elsewhere if you want.
We have no doubt that we can help you put together a project plan that meets your goals, engages your audience, and stays on budget. The Project Discovery Process not only gives you the ability to see the seamless way your next tech project can come together, but it also gives our team valuable insight into your goals.
Clients we have worked with greatly appreciate the Project Discovery Process. Less than 1% of clients have abandoned our projects after we plan them and they have been thankful for the opportunity to slow down, step back, and take the opportunity to truly understand their next big idea.
If you have a project you want to bring to life, it’s time to start planning! Begin the Project Discovery Process by contacting us through the form below!